- Teaching Programmes
- Research Programmes
- Research Departments
- Clinical, Educational Health and Psychology
- Cognitive, Perceptual and Brain Sciences
- Developmental Science
- Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Language & Communication
- Speech, Hearing and Phonetic Sciences
- UCL Interaction Centre
- Research Facilities
- News and Events
- Vacancies and Opportunities
- Contact Us
Seminar Series: 15 May 2013 at 16.00
Syntax Reading Group: 22 May 2013 at 15.30
ACTL Summerschool June 24 - 28 2013
Why Study here?
I chose London, not only due to the fact that it is a very cosmopolitan city, but also for its well known reputation in this area: More>>
Divisional subject pool
To access and sign up for the Divisional Subject Pool, follow this link. More >>
Dr Nausicaa Pouscoulous
Lecturer in Experimental Pragmatics
Location:Room 115E, Chandler House,
Theoretical and experimental pragmatics, semantics, the development of pragmatic and communicative competence, language acquisition, philosophy of language.
- Goubier, F., Pouscoulous, N. (2011). Virtus sermonis and the semantics-pragmatics distinction. Vivarium (49), 214-239 doi:10.1163/156853411X590507.
- Pouscoulous, N. (2011). Metaphor: For adults only? Belgian Journal of Linguistics (25), 51-79 doi:10.1075/bjl.25.04pou.
- Deamer, F., Pouscoulous, N., Breheny, R. (2010). A contrastive look at metaphor and hyperbole. UCL Working Papers in Linguistics (22)
- Geurts, B., Pouscoulous, N. (2009). Embedded implicatures?!? Semantics and Pragmatics 2(4), 1-34
- Geurts, B., Pouscoulous, N. (2009). Free choice for all: A response to Emmanuel Chemla. Semantics and Pragmatics 2(5), 1-10
- Geurts, B., Pouscoulous, N. (2009). No scalar inferences under embedding.
- Pouscoulous, N., Noveck, I. (2009). Going beyond semantics: The development of pragmatic enrichment. In Foster-Cohen, S. (Ed.). Language Acquisition ( pp.196-215). Palgrave.
- Pouscoulous, N., Noveck, I., Politzer, G., Bastide, A. (2007). Processing costs and implicature development. Language Acquisition 14(4), 347-375 doi:10.1080/10489220701600457. Author URL
Current PhD Students
|Felicity Deamer||Research: Figurative language processing and lexical pragmatics.|
Page last modified on 11 dec 12 09:55 by Carolyne S Megan