Swan Award - More>>
News and Events
For all the latest news and event details within the Division of Psychology and Language Sciences follow this link. More>>
Divisional Subject Pool
To access and sign up for the Divisional Subject Pool, follow this link. More >>
The Division runs Continuing Professional Development courses. For more details follow this link. More>>
The Division has won the Silver Award for the UCL Green Impact scheme.. More>>
To buy audio-visual products from the Language Sciences Shop, follow this link. More >>
About the Division
The UCL Division of Psychology and Language Sciences is the largest such department in the country with over 100 academic staff and nearly 1500 students studying at undergraduate and postgraduate level. It was formed in 2008 from the merger of the former Departments of Psychology, Human Communication Science, and Phonetics and Linguistics in order to bring together in a single organization UCL’s research and teaching in the psychological and language sciences.
The Division is part of UCL's Faculty of Brain Sciences which is one of four faculties within the School of Life and Medical Sciences, one of the largest and strongest concentrations of biomedical research in the world.
A major element of the Division’s activity is its undergraduate and graduate teaching. We offer undergraduate BSc programmes in Psychology, Linguistics, and Speech Sciences, as well as an Intercalated BSc programme for medical students. As well as being able to conduct graduate research towards a PhD degree, we offer over a dozen Masters degrees in topics as diverse as decision sciences, human-computer interaction, and linguistics, plus professional training courses in clinical psychology, educational psychology, psychotherapy, and speech and language therapy.
|Academic staff in the Division are affiliated to one of 8 research sections.|
- Clinical, Educational, and Health Psychology (Head: Prof Peter Fonagy);
- Cognitive, Perceptual and Brain Sciences (Head: Prof Kate Jeffrey);
- Developmental Science (Head: Dr John Wattam-Bell);
- Language & Communication (Head: Dr Suzanne Beeke);
- Linguistics (Head: Prof Ad Neeleman);
- Speech, Hearing and Phonetic Science (Head: Dr Andrew Faulkner); and the
- Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience (Director: Prof Geraint Rees) and the
- UCL Interaction Centre (Director: Prof Yvonne Rogers). Our research is funded (about £25 million annually) from sources such as the UK Research Councils, charities, and the European Commission.
Page last modified on 13 mar 13 09:08 by Carolyne S Megan