I am interested in the epidemiology of older people's mental health, happiness and wellbeing, and in the mental health of carers of people with dementia. Other research interests include elder abuse - its epidemiology and prevention; and the provision of quality and equality in dementia care.
Master of Science
Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
|To be updated|
Bachelor of Medicine
|University of Southampton|
I studied medicine at Southampton University, graduating in 1998, after which I trained in psychiatry in North London. From 2005 I was clinical lecturer in old age psychiatry at UCL Mental health sciences unit, and have worked here ever since, as MRC Research training fellow (2007-9) and from 2009 as a senior lecturer.
I am an honorary consultant old age psychiatrist with Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust, currently working in Camden Memory service, and research director for dementia with North Thames DeNDRoN.
- Elder abuse - its epidemiology and prevention
- Epidemiology of older people's mental health, happiness and wellbeing
- Exploring the experiences of cyber-crime victims aged above 60 in Mumbai
- Inequalities in access to good quality dementia care in the UK (Dunhill Medical Trust, led by Dr Claudia Cooper, UCL)
- Preparing for the end of life: what is the impact of carer grief before death and what resources may help carers cope better?
- Provision of quality and equality in dementia care