Information for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- Graduate Prospectus
- International Students
- Meet UCL
- Scholarships and funding
- Widening Participation
- Upcoming Events
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- School Teachers
- Years 7-11
- Years 12-13
- Adult Learners' Activities
- Teachers and Parents
- UCL Museums and Collections
- Lunch Hour Lectures
- State Schools and Colleges Conference
- Young Children in Care/Care Leavers
- Inspiring Women in Science speakers
- Activity run by UCL faculties and departments
- Progression to Russell Group Universities: Teachers' Conference
- UCAS Fairs
- UCL Staff
- Contact Us
- Register your interest
School visits to UCL
We offer university visits for primary schools for groups of 20–30 pupils in Years 5 and 6. The visits aim to introduce pupils to the idea of university. Pupils will have the opportunity to explore the campus, meet university students and take part in their own graduation ceremony at the end of the visit.
- Primary visits will be held from Monday 20 – Friday 24 January 2014. Please email Louise Sung firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your visit.
Higher Education Awareness Day (HEAD) visits
We offer half-day HEAD visits to UCL for groups of 25–50 secondary pupils (Years 7 to 11). Pupils take part in a visit tailored to their age group and ability level. Visits include a welcome presentation and workshop, an opportunity to meet UCL student ambassadors and a scavenger hunt tour of the campus.
- Years 7, 8 and 9: Why university, why now?
- Year 10: Making choices
- Year 11: Mind the gap: preparing for A levels
We can also offer an interactive lecture to give pupils a chance to experience studying at university level. The taster lectures are delivered by UCL PhD students, and are designed to challenge the pupils by introducing them to a subject they may not have studied before.
Examples of lectures are ‘Who Wants to Live Forever? The Biology of Ageing and Immortality’ and ‘What Do Babies Know? An Introduction to Child Psychology’.
Please email Louise Sung email@example.com to arrange a date for your visit.