Years 12 and 13
Uni-Link is a long term project, aimed at students from groups which are usually under-represented in higher education. It is designed to offer support and guidance to students throughout Year 12 and 13 so that they are better prepared to apply to UCL and other competitive universities. The programme runs from February of Year 12 (2015) until March of Year 13 (2016).
This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about higher education and increase awareness of different degrees so that students can make an informed decision about university. Students are supported through the UCAS process and can attend personal statement clinics where they will receive one to one guidance on improving their application. The Uni-Link programme also allows students to improve essential academic skills such as academic writing, time management, presentation skills and revision techniques making sure they are well prepared for the transition from school or college to university.
Students will attend:
- Taster lectures in a variety of academic subjects to help explore a range of degree subjects
- Guidance sessions to improve their UCAS applications to UCL and other competitive universities and receive support with writing the UCAS personal statement
- Academic skills sessions to develop essential study skills for university such as independent research, academic writing and presentation skills
Students will also be supported by UCL student ambassadors throughout the Uni-Link programme.
Students should think carefully about making a commitment to the programme before applying to make sure they are able to fit Uni-Link activities into their schedule. Students who do not complete the required number of sessions will not be able to graduate from the Uni-Link scheme. The Uni-Link officer will be in regular contact with students via e mail and text.
The following are compulsory:
- Induction day
- Attendance at a minimum of two academic taster lectures
- Attendance at a minimum of two academic skills workshops
- Attendance on one UCL summer activity (students will be emailed about the opportunities that will be available to them)
- Close of programme celebration event
- Completion of a Learning Journal and online assignments throughout the programme
How to apply
Applications to Uni-Link have now closed. If you have already submitted an application, we will get back to you by Friday 30 January.
If you haven't submitted an application but you are interested in taking part in our year 12 activities, take a look at our other year 12-13 activities.