Information for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- Graduate Prospectus
- International Students
- Meet UCL
- Scholarships and funding
- Widening Participation
- Upcoming Events
- Prospective Students
- Years 7-11 Activities
- Years 12-13 Activities
- Adult Learners' Activities
- Young people in care/care leavers
- Open Days/Visits
- UCL Sutton Scholars
- Current Students
- School Teachers
- UCAS Fairs
- UCL Staff
- Contact Us
- Open Day 2014
- Register your interest
Explore UCL Year 11 Summer School
Explore UCL is your chance to find out more about studying at university. It’s a non-residential, week-long Summer School programme for Year 11 students. We aim to give you a real taste of university life.
If you enjoy learning about different subjects, sharing and developing your ideas with others, and are looking for a challenging but fun experience that will give you an idea of what university may have to offer you, then Explore UCL this summer.
The Summer School is open to Year 11 pupils from schools in London and neighbouring boroughs.
We ask that students are on track to achieve at least five A/A* at GCSE and are committed to participating in all of the activities of the summer school. Students must be attending a state school and priority will be given to pupils who meet one or more of the following the following criteria:
- have no family history of Higher Education (e.g. your parents didn’t go to university);
- come from neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education;
- in local authority care;
- parents from non-professional occupations;
- are or have been eligible for free school meals within the past five years;
- attending a school where a high proportion of students are in receipt of free school meals.
- In 2014, the Summer School ran from 7 - 14 July
- Times: 9:30am - 4:30pm (Monday - Friday) with a certificate ceremony at 5:30pm on Friday.
- The Summer School is free of charge.
- Lunch, refreshments and a travel card will be provided.