Information for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- Graduate Prospectus
- International Students
- Meet UCL
- Scholarships and funding
- Widening Participation
- Upcoming Events
- Prospective Students
- Years 7-11 Activities
- Years 12-13 Activities
- Adult Learners' Activities
- UCL Horizons
- Young people in care/care leavers
- Open Days/Visits
- UCL Sutton Scholars
- Current Students
- School Teachers
- UCL Staff
- Contact Us
- Register your interest
"It was a useful experience for me, helping with the transition from secondary to A Level, then from A Level to university."
More information on the summer school is available in the Explore UCL brochure.
How to Apply
We ask that students are on track to achieve at least five A/A* at GCSE and are committed to participating in all of the activities of the summer school. Students must be attending a state school and priority will be given to pupils who meet one or more of the following the following criteria:
- have no family history of Higher Education (e.g. your parents didn’t go to university);
- come from neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education;
- in local authority care;
- parents from non-professional occupations;
- are or have been eligible for free school meals within the past five years;
- attending a school where a high proportion of students are in receipt of free school meals.
- The Summer School is free of charge.
- Lunch, refreshments and a travel card will be provided.
The Summer School ran from 7 - 11 July 2014.
Applications for the 2015 Explore UCL Summer School will open in March 2015.