Information for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- Graduate Prospectus
- International Students
- Meet UCL
- Scholarships and funding
- Widening Participation
- Upcoming Events
- Prospective Students
- Years 7-11 Activities
- Years 12-13 Activities
- Adult Learners' Activities
- Young people in care/care leavers
- Open Days/Visits
- UCL Sutton Scholars
- Current Students
- School Teachers
- UCAS Fairs
- UCL Staff
- Contact Us
- Open Day 2014
- Register your interest
"It was a useful experience for me, helping with the transition from secondary to A Level, then from A Level to university."
More information on the summer school is available in the Explore UCL brochure.
What is the Summer School?
- At the Summer School students will have the opportunity to explore a range of academic subjects offered at UCL.
Students will choose which strand they wish to follow at the time of application:
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences or Science strand
- Technology, Engineering and Maths strand
- The Summer School will provide an introduction to the different methods of teaching and learning at university; with lectures, group work, and hands-on activities. The lecturers will be looking for open-minded students who are willing to engage with new subjects and ideas.
- There will be sessions on study skills, student life and careers to help students prepare for university and beyond.
- Students will work in small groups with other students from across London. Each group will have a current UCL student working as a mentor and group leader.
- The group leader will lead their group in research activities and at the end of the week students will present their research to the rest of the students.
- The group leaders will be on hand to answer any questions about studying at university and participants will gain an insight into student life.