Information for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- Graduate Prospectus
- International Students
- Meet UCL
- Scholarships and funding
- Widening Participation
- Upcoming Events
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- School Teachers
- UCAS Fairs
- UCL Staff
- Contact Us
- Open Day 2014
- Register your interest
Year 8 'Being Human' Summer School
This is a fun week of lessons that explore ideas around identity and what it means to be human. A lot of the sessions will be based in museums and you will get the opportunity to learn from real museum objects.
During the May half term, you will have the chance to discover some of the history and ideas about our bodies, how they have been studied in the past, and what we can learn from art, science and medicine now.
Examples of some of the sessions that you could take part in during the week are:
- Watch a visit from a Renaissance Surgeon
- Explore the Past in the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology
- Take part in Zoo CSI in the Grant Museum of Zoology
- And many more!
You will meet students from other schools, make lots new friends, and find out more about university. You will also get a certificate for completing the programme.
- The ‘Being Human’ School runs from Tuesday 26 May to Friday 29 May 2015.
- Each day lasts from 10am to 3.30pm.
- There are 30 spaces for year 8 students.
- The school is free of charge to attend.
Applications for the 'Being Human' Summer School will open in February. Please revisit this website then for more information on how to apply.
If you have any questions about the programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org