Information for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- International Students
- Meet UCL
- Scholarships and funding
- Widening Participation
- Upcoming Events
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- School Teachers
- UCAS Fairs
- UCL Staff
- Contact Us
- Open Days
- Register your interest
Year 12 Masterclasses
UCL is delighted to be hosting a range of masterclasses in July 2015. Applications for these will open in May - please check back here then for more information!
Masterclasses offer you a taste of learning at university, and are designed to help you decide what area of study you would like to pursue at degree level. They give you an insight in to your chosen subject, and so provide an excellent example to include in your personal statement.
The masterclasses themselves are entertaining, hands-on sessions run by UCL academics and PhD students. You’ll get the chance to look around UCL, and you’ll meet other young people from across London.
Please note that there are certain eligibility criteria for these Masterclasses.
We ask that students meet the following acadmic criteria:
- have achieved at least five A/A*s at GCSE
- are likely to acheive a minumum of ABB at A level or at least 34 points at IB (please note that for subject specific activity students must be on track to meet the degree programme's minimum entry requirements)
- are taking at least two subjects from UCL's list of preferred A levels.
Students must be attending a UK state school. Priority will then be given to students who:
- Will be the first generation in their family to attend university
- Have achieved at least 5 A/A*s at GCSE
- Come from neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education
- Are taking relevant subjects in relation to the subject they are hoping to apply to
- Attend schools or colleges with a low overall A level (or equivalent) point score