Information for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- Graduate Prospectus
- International Students
- Meet UCL
- Scholarships & Funding
- Widening Participation
- Prospective Students
- Years 7-11 Activities
- Years 12-13 Activities
- Year 12 Masterclasses
- Year 12 Summer School
- UCL Year 12 Conference
- Humans: Me, Myself and I
- Space: The Great Unknown?
- Human Rights: Are you being watched?
- London: Past, Present and Future
- Arts and Sciences
- Science and Society
- Psychology and Language Sciences
- Science and Technology Studies
- Earth Sciences
- Greek and Latin
- The Right to Privacy: When can the State interfere in your private life?
- History and Philosophy of Science
- Taster Courses
- UCL Horizons
- Lloyds Scholars Autumn School: Careers in the City
- Adult Learners' Activities
- UCL Horizons
- Young people in care/care leavers
- Open Days/Visits
- UCL Sutton Scholars
- Current Students
- School Teachers
- UCAS Fairs
- UCL Staff
- Contact Us
- UCL Open Day 2013
- Register your interest
UCL Year 12 Gateways Conferences
In July 2013 UCL held a series of interdisciplinary Year 12 conferences, designed to give a taste of what studying at university is like. The conferences provided helpful information regarding how to apply to competitive universities, and the opportunity to meet current students and members of academic staff. The 2013 conferences were along the following themes:
- Humans: Me, Myself and I - Tuesday 16th July, 2013
Subjects involved included: Arts and Sciences, Engineering, Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences, and Science and Technology Studies.
- Space: The Great Unknown? - Wednesday 17th July, 2013
Subjects involved included: Chemistry, Engineering, Physics, and Science and Technology Studies.
- Human Rights: Are you being watched? - Thursday 18th July, 2013
Subjects involved included: English, Greek and Latin, History, Law, and Philosophy.
- London: Past, Present and Future - Friday 19th July, 2013
Subjects involved included: Anthropology, Archaeology, Geography, History, and Science and Technology Studies.
Please note that applications for these conferences have closed. Please check back here in the late spring of 2014 for details of the 2014 Conferences.
- If you would like to read blog posts from some of 2012's attendees, please go to http://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/events/2012/06/29/ucl-year-12-conference/