Applications for Uni-Link 2016-18 is now open
Application deadline has been extended to 31 October
Uni-Link is a long-term
programme for Sixth Form students. It is designed to offer support and guidance
throughout Year 12 and 13 so that students are better prepared to apply to UCL
and other competitive universities.
What is Uni-Link?
Uni-Link students are linked with a department or faculty at UCL related to the degree they would like to study at university and attend a series of subject specific events throughout Year 12 and 13.
We want students to be committed and as such to graduate from Uni-Link
in year 13 you have to attend 3 core & 1 optional event over the
duration of the programme.
We welcome applications for Uni-Link from students who are interested in any subject area. However, we are particularly interested in applications from students who would like to study the following subjects at university:
- History and History of Art
- Architecture, Planning and Construction
We will aim to allocate places on Uni-Link to students interested in a range of different subject areas. However, please be aware that we have a limited number of spaces on the programme and certain subjects, including Medicine and some Sciences, may be particularly competitive.
Uni-Link students will take part in a range of activities throughout Year 12 and 13 that will provide a taste of life as an undergraduate and help prepare students for university applications. Activities will include but not limited to:
- a launch event in December 2016
- subject specific lectures and seminars
- e-mentoring from a UCL undergraduate student
- various support sessions
- a careers conference
- a summer school (non-residential)
- personal statement clinics in Year 13
- Uni-Link Graduation
Most activities will take place on campus at UCL, however some events may include visits to external locations in London.
Uni-Link students will be required to attend events roughly once a month during term time in Year 12. These events may take place on weekdays or weekends. To allow students time to focus on exams, there will be no Uni-Link events during April or May of Year 12 and fewer events in Year 13.
The full timetable of Year 12 Uni-Link activities will be available for students at the Uni-Link Launch in December 2016.
Students must be currently in year 12 and attending a non-selective state school in London or Greater London, and priority will be given to those who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Will be the first generation in their family to attend university;
- Come from neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education;
- Are in, or have lived under local authority care;
- Have parents from non-professional occupations;
- Have been eligible for free school meals within the past five years;
- Are from an ethnic group which is currently underrepresented at UCL.
We will also consider the following academic criteria:
- Students who have
achieved at least five A*-B grades at GCSE;
- Students who are
likely to achieve a minimum of ABB at A level or at least 34 points at IB;
- Students who are on
track to meet the minimum entry requirements for the degree programme they
are interested in;
- Students who are
taking at least two subjects from UCL's list of preferred A levels.
More information about our eligibility requirements
How to apply
Click here to fill out the Uni-Link 2016-18 application form.
When completing the form please answer all the applicable questions, if the question is marked with an asterisk (*) you have to fill in all sections of the question to continue onto the next question. If you complete a question and there are still blank sections remaining you can insert 'N/A','0' or 'TBC' to continue onto the next question.
When completing the form please also note the following
- You will have to enter the details of one of your teachers who can provide you a reference
- You will have to enter your parents/guardians details
- You will have to include a short statement in support of your application
- It will take 15-20 minutes to complete the application form
- The deadline for applications is Monday 31 October
- If you have any issues contact T: 020 3108 7763 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about Uni-Link, please contact the Widening Participation Office:
T: 020 3108 7763