Information for Prospective Students
Lloyds Scholars Spring School: Alternative Paths to the City
UCL is delighted to be hosting the Lloyds Scholars School for the third year. This will take place 16 - 19 February 2016.
The Spring School is designed for Year 12 students who are considering a career in finance, but not planning to study a finance-related degree.
The Spring School:
- is a non-residential, four day programme.
- provides participants with the opportunity to attend a number of careers workshops showcasing alternative routes in to finance.
- develops students' study skills.
- gives students the opportunity to find out what studying at a Russell Group university is really like by participating in a number of academic sessions.
- gives students an idea of life at UCL by interaction with current UCL undergraduate students.
- is free to attend for successful applicants.
For an idea of what is included in the spring school, please have a look at the timetable from the 2014 school (PDF): lloyds-scholars-timetable-2014
(Please note that in 2014 the school took place over 3 long days, whereas the 2016 school will be 4 shorter days.)
Please note that there are certain eligibility criteria for the spring school:
We ask that students meet the following academic criteria:
- have achieved at least five A*-B grades at GCSE
- are on track to meet UCL's minimum entry requirements
- are taking at least two subjects from UCL's list of preferred A levels
Students must be attending a UK state school. Priority will then be given to students who:
- will be the first generation in their family to attend university
- come from neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education
- attend schools or colleges with a low overall A Level (or equivalent) point score
The deadline for applications is Monday 4 January 2016.
To apply for the UCL Lloyds Scholars Scholars Spring School, 16 - 19 February 2016, please fill in this online form.
Applicants will be contacted shortly after the deadline with the outcome of their application.