Information for Prospective Students
- Study abroad
- International Students
- Scholarships and funding
- Widening Participation
- Register your interest
- Meet UCL
Lloyds Scholars Spring School
Succeed in the City without studying finance
UCL is delighted to be hosting the Lloyds Scholars School for the fourth year on 14-17 February 2017.
The Spring School is designed for Year 12 students who are considering a career in finance, but not planning to study a finance-related degree.
The Spring School:
- is a non-residential, four day programme.
- provides participants with the opportunity to attend a number of subject tasters and careers workshops showcasing alternative routes in to finance.
- develops students' study skills.
- gives students the opportunity to find out what studying at a Russell Group university is really like
- gives students an idea of life at UCL by interaction with current UCL undergraduate students.
- is free to attend for successful applicants.
For an idea of what is included in the Spring School, please have a look at the timetable from the 2016 school (PDF): lloyds-scholars-spring-school-2016-schedule.pdf
Please note that your eligibility for the Spring School will depend on your school background and personal circumstances. Before applying please refer to our eligibility criteria.
Successful applicants will be expected to attend all four days of the Spring School.
Applications are now open, with the deadline of January 4 2017.
As part of the application you will be required to provide contact details for one of your teachers to provide a reference; please ensure you have their permission before you submit this information.
At least one of your parents/carers should be present when you complete your application as we require some information from them.
You will be required to write a short statement of 200 – 300 words explaining why you would be a good Spring School student, and why you are specifically interested in attending the Lloyds Scholars Spring School. It may be easier to prepare this before beginning the application.
To apply, please complete this online form.