Information for Prospective Students
Explore UCL Year 11 Summer School
Applications for the Year 11 Summer School (20-24 July 2015) have now closed.
Explore UCL is your chance to find out more about studying at university. It’s a non-residential, week-long Summer School programme for Year 11 students. We aim to give you a real taste of university life.
The Summer School is a challenging but fun experience which will begin on Monday 20 July in the Roberts Building at UCL's Bloomsbury Campus. Throughout the week students will take part in interactive workshops learning about different subjects, sharing and developing ideas with others in group activities, excursions and homework tasks.
If you have any queries please email Clare James or call 020 3108 7641/ 07469 118172
Applicants for the Explore UCL summer school should be on track to achieve at least five A/A* at GCSE and are committed to participating in all of the activities of the summer school. Students must be attending a state school and priority will be given to pupils who meet one or more of the following the following criteria:
- Have no family history of Higher Education (e.g. your parents didn’t go to university)
- Come from neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education
- Are in local authority care
- Parents from non-professional occupations
- Are or have been eligible for free school meals within the past five years
- Attending a school where a high proportion of students are in receipt of free school meals
- The Year 11 Summer School will run from 20th - 24th July 2015
- Lunch, refreshments and a travel card will be provided (these will be posted two weeks prior to the programme)
- The Summer School is free of charge
Learn more about the Summer School programme by watching the video below.