The first in England to teach English Literature, French, Geography, German and Italian at university level, and the first to offer the systematic teaching of Engineering, Law and Medicine
Life after UCL
We know you will invest considerable time and money undertaking a degree at UCL, and do so to boost your career or undertake further study in the UK or abroad. We take your future ambitions seriously and will help you realise them with individual and group activities.
UCL students are part of a diverse and talented global community for life. The UCL experience extends far beyond studying. After graduation you can continue to be involved with the UCL community through events, communications and access to a range of benefits.
- The average starting salary for UCL graduates (£27,975)* exceeds the Russell Group average (£21,443)* and the national average (£20,903)*
- UCL was awarded an Employer Review of 98.7 out of 100 in the QS World University Rankings 2012/13
- UCL was ranked 4th in the UK by The Guardian (2013) for employment prospects
- 790 employers attended events arranged by UCL Careers in 2012/13 to recruit UCL students
- During the Autumn term of 2013/14, UCL Careers reviewed 2,415 applications for students
- 170,000 UCL alumni live in 180 countries worldwide
- We count Nobel Prize winners, poets, novelists, BAFTA winners, Olympians, inventors and Turner prizewinning artists among our graduates
- Our series of award-winning professional networking events are specifically designed to help new graduates embark on their careers
* All data taken from the 'Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education' survey undertaken by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), looking at destinations of UK and EU graduates in the 2012 cohort.
Page last modified on 14 apr 14 10:43