Undergraduate prospectus



How to apply

As with other UK universities, applications to UCL are made via UCAS. These pages guide you through the key points you need to consider.

International applicants

Around 40% of our students come from outside the UK. We expect our international applicants to have qualifications of a similar standard to our UK applicants - information about the application process and entry requirements is below.

How to apply

Entry requirements

In addition to A levels and the International Baccalaureate we accept a range of international qualifications.

Support and help

Help and advice is available for international students at every step of the application process and continues after enrolment at UCL.

Applicants outside the EEA (European Economic Area) - visa information

If you wish to study in the UK for more than six months, and you come from a country outside of the EEA, you need to apply for a visa under Tier 4 of the UK's Points-Based Immigration System. In order to do this, you will require sponsorship from a university licensed as a sponsor by the UK Border Agency, such as UCL.

As part of your visa application, you will have to be able to demonstrate evidence of sufficient funds to pass a maintenance test and of your educational qualifications and academic progression by providing proof of your results, for example, your school-leaving certificates.

If you are intending to study in the UK for less than six months, you will officially need prior entry clearance only if you are a 'Visa National'. However, we strongly advise all students from outside the EEA to seek prior entry clearance, even if coming for less than six months.

Affiliate (study abroad/JYA) students

If you are already registered at a university overseas and wish to study abroad at UCL for a semester or a year, please refer to our Study Abroad Guide.