Information for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- Graduate Prospectus
- International Students
- Meet UCL
- Scholarships & Funding
- Widening Participation
- Register your interest
UCL is a hard place to leave but our alumni are always welcomed back!
Supporting your future career
After graduation you’ll be invited to UCL’s award-winning professional networking events. These cover sectors such as PR, Journalism and Broadcasting, Not for Profit and Entrepreneurship as well as more specialist fields such as Fashion and Computer Science. Prominent alumni lead a panel discussion and share experiences and advice about their careers, providing a great opportunity to find out how to break into an industry sector. Recent panellists have included Alison McGovern MP (Philosophy 2002), the author Joanna Briscoe (English 1985) and Andrew Jacobs (Economics 1991), co-founder of the Giraffe restaurant chain.
Our network of Alumni Mentors can help you, both as a student and after you graduate to:
- find out more about the realities of working in specific jobs
- advise you about recruitment processes and marketing yourself effectively
- help arrange work experience or shadowing.
Virtual networkers can join our LinkedIn Alumni Group, which currently has over 2,000 members.
We have groups of Alumni Volunteers in 61 countries across the globe, from Japan to the USA, making it easy to maintain friendships and make new connections. If you’re looking to get in touch with your fellow alumni in the UK or overseas, we can help you organise reunions or recommend a volunteer alumni group in your area. Our international alumni groups connect local communities of professionals, achievers and influencers who share your links with UCL. These groups organise regular get-togethers, including special ‘send off’ and ‘welcome back’ events either side of your degree. You can also stay connected on Facebook.
Many student societies and departments organise their own events where alumni
speak about careers, lead workshops, judge student competitions and even take part in an annual sports battle.
Staying in touch
All our alumni are entitled to:
- receive a free benefits card which provides you with discounts for London travel and accommodation, and gives you continued access to UCL’s bars and libraries
- receive our regular e-newsletter and annual alumni magazine
- access our web community and dedicated social networks to help you stay in touch with friends.