Information for Prospective Students
UCL - United World Colleges and International Student House Scholarship
|Important information for Students|
University College London (UCL), United World Colleges (UWC) and International Student House (ISH) have agreed to collaborate in a scheme to enable graduates of UWC, who are financially unable to study in the UK, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies at UCL.
With this scheme UCL supports the aims of UWC to make education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future. Two scholarships are available annually for UWC-nominated students who have firmly accepted their UCL admissions offer.
- be a final-year IB Diploma student attending a United World College (or completed their studies in the preceding calendar year - candidates from Waterford Kamhlaba UWC only);
- apply for admission through UCAS by 15 January 2017 for a full-time undergraduate degree programme of study at UCL and firmly accept your UCL offer;
- be assessed as paying overseas tuition fees, and
- lack the financial means necessary to pursue undergraduate degree studies at UCL.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial hardship and academic merit, based on the aims of the scholarship.
Value: benefits and duration
The scholarships will consist of:
- full tuition fees;
- maintenance allowance of £7,000 per year, for three years (consideration could be made for four-year programme - you must state this in your scholarship application);
- free accommodation in a standard of twin room at International Student House for up to three years (40 weeks contact per year) with the possibility of an extension into the fourth year where required;
- reinbursement of Tier 4 Visa application costs;
- international economy air travel to/from the UK (with reasonable baggage costs) at the beginning and end of the award holders degree programme.
Annual renewal of the scholarship is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Applications, deadline and procedure
You must apply for admission to UCL to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Application for the scholarship is available exclusively from UWC Counsellors. Taking into account the financial circumstances of their students, UWC Counsellors will invite up to three eligible students from each UWC to apply for the scholarship. If you fulfil all the eligibility criteria listed above, you may wish to inform your UWC Counsellors that you are interested in being invited to apply.
Complete applications and essays must be submitted electronically to the UWC Counsellors before 10 February 2017.
UCL will select the two academically most promising candidates to be offered a scholarship, subject to fulfilling the conditions of the UCL offer of admission.
Notification of results
Successful applicants and reserve candidates will be notified by mid-May.
Page last modified on 20 dec 16 11:10 by Minesh M Halai
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.