Santander Universities Study Abroad Scholarships at UCL
The Santander Universities Study Abroad Scholarships, aim to assist the most academically able students from the Santander Universities network countries (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Uruguay) to spend either one semester or one year at UCL as an undergraduate affiliate student.
- be nationals of one of the Santander Universities network countries listed above and;
- be studying at an eligible university from one of the countries listed above (see Santander Universities) and;
- have accepted an unconditional offer of admission to UCL as an undergraduate affiliate student, starting the following academic year.
(Students from a university with or without an exchange agreement with UCL will be considered.)
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence only. Financial circumstances are not taken into account. The final selection is made by a panel of UCL senior academics, who may be joined by a Santander representative.
Value, Terms and Conditions
- Two scholarships may be offered, each worth £5,000.
- Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- Unless otherwise requested by the scholar, the scholarship is usually set against tuition fees. If payment is made directly to the scholar, the award is paid in three equal instalments at the start of each term.
Application Deadline and Procedure
- Students who meet the eligibility requirements and who have firmly accepted an unconditional offer by 31st May will automatically be considered for the scholarship.
- Successful and reserve candidates can expect to be notified by email from June onwards.
- We are unable to inform unsuccessful applicants, if you do not hear from the UCL Student Funding Office by the end of June, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
UCL Study Abroad Team contact details can be found here
Page last modified on 27 mar 12 10:59