Information for Prospective Students
The Lloyds Scholars Programme, funded by the Lloyds Banking Group, aims to attract students from low-income families to study at leading universities. They seek to encourage, and reward outstanding academic performance and involvement within the community.
Up to 15 awards are available each year.
Applicants for the bursary must:
- be UK/EU students entering the first year of their programme in 2015/16
- have a household income, as defined by the Student Loans Company and reviewed from year to year, of below £25,000 per year
- achieved UCAS points of 320 (ABB) or equivalent
- be holding an offer of admission for a full-time, undergraduate programme.
Applicants for the bursary must commit to:
- undertaking at least one ten-week paid internship opportunity over the summer prior to their finals (with the option to participate in more during previous summers if the student wishes)
- at least 100 hours of community volunteering annually
- promoting externally the values of being a Lloyds Scholar; which will require presenting to schools and/or students in disadvantaged areas.
Value: benefits and duration
Successful candidates will receive a minimum bursary of
£1,000 per year, conditional in year 3 on grades achieved in years 1
and 2. The bursary will be paid at the start of the academic year to
assist with the costs of living and studying.
Additional awards, based on academic performance, will
be made to those who achieve eligible grades during years 1, 2 and 3.
Funding will be extended for those scholars on four-year programmes.
Participating students will be paid a pro-rated salary of approximately £18,000, or £350 per week, for their paid internships. The intern will have access to a mentor who will provide ideas and encouragement about future career opportunities. Additionally, upon graduation, successful candidates will have the opportunity to apply for the Lloyds Graduate Leadership Programme.
Application deadline and procedure
Applicants are required to apply directly to the Lloyds Banking Group. Information on how to do so can be found at: http://www.lloyds-scholars.com/applications.
Selection and notification of results
The bursary will be awarded on the recommendation of a panel composed of representatives from the Lloyds Banking Group and UCL.
All successful candidates will be notified by the Lloyds Banking Group in October, once a decision has been made. Awards will only be made to applicants who have registered to study at UCL.
For further information please visit: http://www.lloyds-scholars.com.
Page last modified on 12 may 15 11:36 by H T ( Jing ) Chang
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.