Information for Prospective Students
Said Foundation - UCL Joint Scholarships
|Important information for all Applicants|
The Said Foundation Scholarships Programme aims to promote education and development in the Middle East and to provide students and young professionals with educational opportunities that will help their career development, enable them to achieve impact in their professional fields and bring benefits to others in their countries of origin.To these ends the Said Foundation and UCL offer joint scholarships to study for a one-year Master's degree in any subject at UCL.
- Be under 35 years of age when commencing their studies
- Be of one of the Foundation's target nationalities: Jordanian, Lebanese, Syrian, or Palestinian (including Palestinians inside Israel), and be permanently resident in one of those countries. (The Foundation can consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in Syria)
- Hold or expect to achieve the equivalent of a UK upper second class (2:1) degree or above
- Provide evidence of their leadership potential
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English
- Give details of the courses for which they have applied
- Be prepared to sign a binding undertaking to return to one of the target countries for a set period following the funded studies in the UK.
Priority will be given to those applicants who have some work experience, including that gained from voluntary or community activities, and who can demonstrate that their studies will benefit their field of work on return to the Middle East.
Value, benefits and duration:
- The Foundation will provide full or partial scholarships towards tuition fees and maintenance costs depending on the candidate's needs.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only.
For further details about these scholarships, other Said Foundation
funding and the application process, applicants should visit the Said Foundation website.
The deadline for submission for the 2016/17 academic year is 30 November 2015.
The Foundation aims to announce scholarship offers in April 2016.
Page last modified on 25 aug 15 15:02 by Daniel Newcombe
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.