Information for Prospective Students
Santander Universities Visiting Research Scholarships at UCL
The Santander Universities Visiting Research Scholarships, aim to assist the most academically able students from the Santander Universities network countries (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Uruguay) to spend a period of between 3 to 12 months at UCL undertaking research which is complementary to their PhD/M.Phil project at their ‘home’ institution or university.
- be nationals of one of the Santander Universities network countries listed above and;
- be studying at an eligible university from one of the countries listed above (see Santander Universities) and;
- have accepted an unconditional offer of admission to UCL as a Visiting Research Student starting the following academic year.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence only. Financial circumstances are not taken into account. The final selection is made by a panel of UCL senior academics, who may be joined by a Santander representative.
Value, Terms and Conditions
- Two scholarships may be offered, each worth £5,000.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a later year.
- Unless otherwise requested by the scholar, the scholarship is usually set against tuition fees. If payment is made directly to the scholar, the award is paid in three equal instalments at the start of each term.
Application Deadline and Procedure
- Students who meet the eligibility requirements and who have firmly accepted an unconditional offer by 31st May will automatically be considered for the scholarships.
- Successful and reserve candidates can expect to be notified by email from June onwards. We are unable to inform unsuccessful candidates, if you do not hear from the UCL Student Funding Office by the end of June, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
UCL Student Funding contact details can be found here.
Page last modified on 04 mar 13 09:06