Information for Prospective Students
Scholarships and Funding
UCL Alumni Scholarship
|Important Information for All Applicants|
The UCL Alumni Scholarship aims to enable and encourage those who have gained a UCL undergraduate degree to pursue full-time Master's degree studies at UCL.
Candidates can be from any country, but must
- have successfully completed or be currently completing undergraduate degree studies at UCL
- have applied by the date of the scholarship application deadline to study a full-time Master's degree at UCL in 2014/15.
Value, Terms, and Conditions
- The value of the scholarship is £10,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only.
- The UCL Alumni Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Alumni Scholarship award.
- Scholarships cannot be transferred to another institution or deferred to a later year.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year towards maintenance.
- Scholarship payments are only made if the recipient is fully enrolled in a Master’s degree programme at UCL.
- Within two months of the end date of the UCL Alumni Scholarship, recipients are required to submit to UCL a letter of gratitude to the donor/s (To Whom It May Concern). The letter should comment on the impact of the scholarship on the recipient’s education and how the award has benefited them. It should also include details of proposed career plans and any career developments.
- All scholarship and awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations for Scholarships, Awards, Bursaries, Prizes and Medals.
Application Deadline and Procedure
The deadline for applications is: Monday, 17 March 2014.
The application form and guidance notes can be found on our Alumni and Friends Funding Awards page.
Potential candidates must ensure that they submit a full scholarship application by the deadline irrespective of whether an offer of admission has reached them or not. After the deadline the UCL Student Funding Office will check UCL systems to confirm whether the scholarship applicant has applied for admission to one of the eligible UCL programmes. Scholarships applicants without an application for admission to an eligible programme at the time of the scholarship deadline will be excluded from the competition at this point.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence; however, financial need will also be taken into consideration.The scholarship will be awarded by the Council upon the recommendation of an academic selection panel.
Notification of Results
Successful and reserve candidates can expect to be notified by email from June onwards.
We are unable to inform unsuccessful applicants. If you do not hear from the UCL Student Funding Office by the end of June, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Page last modified on 14 jul 14 15:13 by Ben R Nicholson
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.