Information for Prospective Students
Scholarships and Funding
|Important Information for all Applicants|
The Santander Master's Scholarships (funded by Santander), aim to assist the most academically able students from leading universities to pursue a Master's programme at UCL.
Up to 12 scholarships will be awarded each year to students from the following countries:
- Puerto Rico
- be residents of one of the Santander network countries listed above AND;
- be expected to obtain, or already possess, a Bachelors' degree awarded at a level equivalent to first-class Honours in a UK Bachelors degree AND;
- have applied by the date of the scholarship application deadline to study a full-time Master's degree at UCL in 2014/15.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence. Financial circumstances are not taken into account. The final selection is made by a panel of UCL senior academics, who may be joined by a representative from Santander.
Value, Terms and Conditions
This Scholarship is awarded for one year only, and consists of a one-off award of £5,000.
A scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
Your residency in a country will be determined during your application for admission to UCL.
Unless otherwise requested by the scholar, the scholarship is usually set against tuition fees. If payment is made directly to the scholarship holder, the award is paid in three equal installments at the start of each term.
Application Deadline and Procedure
- You must separately apply for admission to UCL for an eligible Master's programme through the standard admissions procedure.
- Before completing the UCL Master's Scholarship Application Form, please read the Master's Scholarship Guidance Notes
- You must apply for the scholarship using the UCL Master's Scholarship Application Form
- Complete the reference form with the application form, however if the Referee arranges with the UCL Student Funding Office they may complete a separate Reference form to send to us
Return your completed application and supporting documentation to:
Student Funding Office, Student & Registry Services, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for submitting the UCL Scholarships Application Form – along with supporting documents specified in the form – to the UCL Student Funding Office is: Monday 17th March 2014. If an application is received after this deadline it will not be deemed eligible and cannot be considered.
Potential candidates must ensure that they submit a full scholarship application by the deadline irrespective of whether an offer of admission has reached them or not. After the deadline the UCL Student Funding Office will check UCL systems to confirm whether the scholarship applicant has applied for admission to one of the eligible UCL programmes. Scholarships applicants without an application for admission for an eligible programme at the time of the scholarship deadline will be excluded from the competition at this point.
Notification of Results
Successful and reserve candidates can expect to be notified by email from June onwards.
We are unable to inform unsuccessful applicants. If you do not hear from UCL Student Funding Office by the end of June, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Page last modified on 04 mar 14 11:05 by Daniel Newcombe
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.