Information for Prospective Students
Professor Malcolm Grant Scholarship (PG)
Important information for Students
Malcolm Grant Scholarship was established to celebrate the exceptional contribution of the outgoing President & Provost to the UCL community over 10 years.
The aim of the Professor Malcolm Grant Scholarship (PG) is to enable and encourage students who can demonstrate financial need as well as show leadership potential, to pursue their Master's studies at UCL. One award is available commencing in the 2013/14 academic session.
Applicants for the scholarship must have applied and accepted a place on a postgraduate taught programme at UCL by the date of the scheme application deadline.
The criteria for awarding the scholarship are financial need and leadership potential.
Value, Terms, and Conditions
The successful recipient will be awarded £25,000 for the duration of their programme at UCL subject to satisfactory academic progress, payable in equal instalments as determined by the length of the programme of study.
- Scholarships cannot be transferred to another institution or deferred to a later year.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year towards maintenance.
- Award recipients are obliged to inform UCL (Student Funding Office) immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL programme of study.
- The award may not be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries (unless approved by UCL). The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Within two months of the end date of the award, recipients are required to submit to UCL a letter of gratitude to the donors (To Whom It May Concern). The letter should include comment on the impact of the scholarship on the recipient’s education and how the award has benefited them. It should also include details of proposed career plans and any career developments.
- All awards are subject to the provisions of the UCL’s General Regulations for Scholarships, Awards, Bursaries, Prizes and Medals.
Application Deadline and Procedure
The deadline for applications is: Friday 17th March 2014.
application form and guidance notes can be found on our Alumni and Friends Funding Awards page.
Potential candidates must ensure that they submit a full scholarship application by the deadline irrespective of whether an offer of admission has reached them or not. At/after deadline the UCL Student Funding Office will check UCL systems to confirm whether the scholarship applicant holds an offer of admission to one of the eligible UCL programmes and on what date that offer was made. Scholarships applicants without an admission offer at the time of the scholarship deadline and for an eligible programme will be excluded from the competition at this point. It is for this reason that we recommend you apply for admission as early as possible, and submit your scholarship application by the deadline.
Notification of Results
Successful and reserve candidates can expect to be notified by email from July onwards.
We are unable to inform unsuccessful applicants. If you do not hear from the UCL Student Funding Office by the end of July, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Page last modified on 14 nov 13 12:41