OS Students at UCL
How to apply
Undergraduate Exchange Students
Students wishing to apply for an exchange should send the following documentation (see below) to:
University College London
London WC1E 6BT
- a completed UCL ‘Exchange Student’ application form
- the most recent official transcript available
- two references from members of the academic staff at your home institution who are familiar with your work;
- a personal ‘Statement of Purpose’;
- for all students whose first language is not English a copy of a recent English language test certificate;
- the application form must include the signature of the exchange co-ordinator at your home institution and an official institutional stamp. Alternatively this endorsement statement may be supplied in the form of a letter which must accompany the application;
- the disability and ethnic monitoring form (downloads as part of the application form).
- If you wish to apply as an Erasmus student, please click here.
How to complete the (paper) form
1. In Section 10, tick the box for Undergraduate.
2. State your preferred admitting department in section 12. You will have to take at least 50% of your course-load in this department.
3. You may only apply to departments that are included in the exchange agreement through which you are applying.
4. All students whose first language is not English must be sufficiently competent to ensure that their academic progress and ability to integrate socially while studying and living at UCL is not hindered by language difficulties. As a guide the minimum requirement for students undertaking full degree programmes at UCL is (IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 237 plus 4 in the essay rating).
5. Applications should if possible be received by:
31 March for students applying to start in September
30 September for students applying to start in January
Please note: UCL will consider applications after the above dates, although there is a risk of popular departments being full.
6. UCL will inform you of its decision as soon as possible after receiving your application. If you are accepted, you will be sent a formal offer letter and reply slip. The reply slip must be returned within one month or the offer will lapse. You will also be sent an application form for accommodation, pre-arrival information and details of the Orientation Programme.
7. You may apply to UCL for the full year (Sept-June), the Fall semester only (Sept-Dec) or the Spring/Summer semester only (Jan-June) subject to availability of your proposed course. Please note that it is NOT possible to attend UCL for the Spring term only.
What Happens After You Have Applied
The College will inform you of its decision as soon as possible after receiving your application. If you are accepted you will be sent an offer letter, a reply slip and an application form for UCL housing. You must reply to the offer within four weeks of receiving it. The housing application form should be returned at the same time as the reply slip, and NOT LATER than 31 May of the year of entry to guarantee a place in September.
Pre-arrival information, and details of the events taking place during the International Students Orientation Programme (ISOP) can be found on the UCL website from July. Details of housing will be despatched in August for full-year and Fall-term students, and in early December for Spring entry students.
Page last modified on 02 dec 10 10:24