Modes and duration
- Full-time: 1 year
- Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fees (2015/16)
- £15,140 (FT) £7,415 (PT)
- £22,760 (FT) £11,330 (PT)
- All applicants:
- 31 July 2015
A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, in any subject.
English language requirement: Good
If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
International applicants can find out the equivalent qualification for their country by selecting from the list below.
Select your country:
Equivalent qualifications for Algeria
If you have already studied business, you will have the opportunity to specialize in one of the following three pathways: Finance, Leadership, or Technology. If you are coming from another discipline, you will acquire a solid foundation in management that will add value to your existing academic background. Both routes allow students to become leaders in their fields.
Students undertake modules to the value of 180 credits. We offer two routes: Route A for students new to the subject; Route B for graduates of business and management (e.g. accounting and finance).
The programme consists of core and optional modules (120 credits in total) and a Global Research project (60 credits).
- PLUS one optional module:
- see www.ucl.ac.uk/msi/study/msc-management/programme-content
- CORE MODULES
- Accounting, Business Economics, Business Strategy, Decision and Risk Analysis, Financial Management, Markets and Customers, Organisational Behaviour
- PLUS one of the following options: Economics, Sustainability, Organisational Behaviour
- see <a href="http://www.ucl.ac.uk/msi/study/msc-management/programme-content">www.ucl.ac.uk/msi/study/msc-management/programme-content</a>
- Depending on the pathway taken – Finance, Leadership, or Technology – three pathway modules:
- PATHWAY MODULES
- Corporate Finance, Corporate Strategy, Decision and Risk Analysis, Markets and Customers
- CORE MODULES
All students investigate a business issue in a global context. In general, they work with a company and develop a research project which culminates in a business report.
Teaching and Learning
The programme is delivered through a combination of lectures, seminars, and class discussion based on case studies. Student performance is assessed through simulations, presentations, course work, essays, class participation, and examinations.
The Department of Management Science & Innovation offers scholarships of £10,000 for students on the Management MSc. All candidates holding an offer of admission will be considered for funding. For further details of funding opportunities visit www.ucl.ac.uk/msi/study/msc-management/scholarships
- 1 year
- Prospective full-time Master's students within the Faculties of the Built Environment, Engineering Science and Mathematical & Physical Sciences.
- Tuition fees plus stipend
- 1 year
- For US citizens, not currently resident in the UK, who are prospective students of the MSc in Technology Entrepreneurship.
- 1 year
- Prospective MSc students in the Department of Management Science and Innovation. Students must be legally able to work in Cyprus and preference is given to those who are able to speak Greek.
- 1 year
- Prospective graduate students from India applying to one of the following courses: Management MSc, Economics MSc, Construction Economics and Management MSc, Technology Entrepreneurship MSc, LLM, Telecommunications MSc, Drug Discovery and Development MSc,or Cancer MSc.
More scholarships are listed on the scholarships website
The programme is designed to enhance career prospects through the advanced study of business and organisations, and draws on the knowledge and skills gained from a first degree. It envisages educating graduates who can make an early and substantial contribution to their future employer. Graduates have secured jobs in a variety of leading companies including Barclays, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, Google, PwC, and Unilever.
Students benefit from career training from their arrival at UCL and throughout the duration of their studies. This, together with the rigorous academic training, allows them to find jobs in top international companies and banks around the world. Our current employability rate is among the highest in the UK.
Why study this degree at UCL?
UCL is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the world. Our international faculty are leaders in their fields who bring their unique expertise and teaching approaches to their classes.
Our MSc is one of the most selective in the world. Our students come from different disciplines and diverse cultural backgrounds. This allows for a unique learning experience in the heart of London.
Our programme incorporates innovative learning activities and industrial experience that will help develop commercial competences, internal organisational management skills, and a high degree of creativity.
Student / staff ratios › 66 staff › 175 taught students › 5 research students
Department: Management Science & Innovation
Application and next steps
Students are advised to apply as early as possible due to competition for places. Those applying for scholarship funding (particularly overseas applicants) should take note of application deadlines.
Who can apply?
We encourage applications from ambitious and talented students from a wide variety of educational backgrounds.
- All applicants
For more information see our Applications page.Apply now