Modes and duration
- Full-time: 2 years
- Part-time: 4 years
Tuition Fees (2015/16)
- £24,410 (FT) £18,850 (PT)
- £41,410 (FT) £31,520 (PT)
- All applicants:
- 9 January 2015
All applicants must normally hold an approved dental qualification and have a minimum of two years' clinical experience post-qualification.
English language requirement: Good
If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
International applicants can find out the equivalent qualification for their country by selecting from the list below.
Select your country:
Equivalent qualifications for Algeria
The programme teaches a broad and deep understanding of Endodontology, enabling students to apply appropriate clinical strategies from first principles. Mentored coaching specifically targets development of independent learning skills, to enable long-term achievement of mastery.
Students undertake modules to the value of 360 credits.
Year one: core modules (135 credits) dissertation (30 credits). Year two: core modules (135 credits) and dissertation (60 credits).
- Operative and Advanced Endodontic Technical Skills
- Advanced Scientific Foundation for Endodontic Practice I
- Scientific Foundation of Endodontic Practice – Part II
- Consolidation of Clinical Endodontic Skills
- Development of Endodontic Skills
- Scientific Foundation of Endodontic Practice – Part I
- Endodontic Relationships with other Dental Disciplines
- Advanced Clinical Endodontic Skills I
- Advanced Clinical Endodontic Skills II
- Advanced Scientific Foundation of Endodontic Practice II
- There are no optional modules for this programme.
Each student undertakes an independent research project in years one and two, which culminates in a dissertation of 13,000–15,000 words.
Teaching and Learning
The programme is delivered through a structured lecture and seminar series, skills laboratory simulation courses, diagnostic clinics, supervised treatment of patients, and a research project.
More scholarships are listed on the scholarships website
This programme prepares students for future professional evaluation of clinical/academic competence as a specialist. It is also a suitable springboard for pursuing academic, clinical or research careers in endodontics.
Top career destinations for this degree
- Royal House Dental Practice, Endodontist, 2011,
- Bedford Primary Care Trust, Senior Endodontic Practitioner, 2011,
- King Abdul University, Lecturer, 2010,
The programme’s strong emphasis on integrated development of multiple domains produces well-rounded clinicians with the competence and aptitude for developing and delivering a high-quality and predictable clinical service in endodontics.
Why study this degree at UCL?
The programme’s students benefit from a comprehensive curriculum, opportunities for self-directed learning, a clinically relevant laboratory techniques course, emphasis on integration of theoretical and clinical aspects, and prioritised reading recommendations allowing an individual approach to learning. The broad self-learning approach enables the pursuit of individual academic interests.
Find out more about the programme and speciality training on the institute's Endodontology MClinDent page.
Student / staff ratios › 80 staff › 420 taught students › 62 research students
Department: Eastman Dental Institute
Application and next steps
Students are advised to apply as early as possible due to competition for places. Those applying for scholarship funding (particularly overseas applicants) should take note of application deadlines.
Who can apply?
The programme is suitable for qualified dental surgeons who wish to develop an advanced foundation of academic knowledge in endodontology and a high level of clinical competence in the practice of endodontics. The supervised research project provides a base-line experience for further work in these fields.
- All applicants
For more information see our Applications page.Apply now
What are we looking for?When we assess your application we would like to learn:
- how your academic and professional background meets the demands of this programme
- why you want to study Endodontology at graduate level
- what particularly attracts you to this programme
- where you would like to go professionally with your degree and how this programme might meet your goals.