This full-time, three-year Master's programme is designed for students from outside the European Union. It matches the institute's Specialty Training programme and is designed to enable students to meet training requirements in their home country.
Modes and duration
Tuition fees (2017/18)
- £25,890 (FT) £20,000 (PT)
- £43,930 (FT) £33,440 (PT)
Note on fees: The tuition fees shown are for the year indicated above. Fees for subsequent years may increase or otherwise vary. Further information on fee status, fee increases and the fee schedule can be viewed on the UCL Current Students website.
All applicants must normally hold an approved dental qualification and have a minimum of two years' clinical experience post-qualification.
English language requirements
If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
The English language level for this programme is: Good
Further information can be found on our English language requirements page.
Country-specific information, including details of when UCL representatives are visiting your part of the world, can be obtained from the International Students website.
International applicants can find out the equivalent qualification for their country by selecting from the list below.
Select your country:
The programme teaches a broad and deep understanding of endodontology, enabling students to apply appropriate clinical strategies from first principles. Mentored coaching specifically targets development of independent learning skills, to enable long-term achievement of mastery.
Students undertake modules to the value of 360 credits. The third year of study is non-credit bearing and will include clinical training, didactic teaching and completion of clinical audit.
Year one: core modules (135 credits) and dissertation (30 credits). Year two: core modules (135 credits) and dissertation (60 credits).
- Clinical Science & Research Methods
- Development of Endodontic Skills
- Scientific Foundation of Endodontic Practice – Part 1
- Scientific Foundation of Endodontic Practice – Part 2
- Consolidation of Clinical Endodontic Skills
- Operative and Advanced Endodontic Technical Skills
- Advanced Scientific Foundation of Endodontic Practice 1
- Endodontic Relationships with Other Dental Disciplines
- MClinDent in Endodontology Dissertation Part 1
- Advanced Clinical Endodontic Skills 1
- Advanced Clinical Endodontic Skills 2
- MClinDent in Endodontology Dissertation
- All core modules are compulsory.
All students undertake an independent research project in years one and two, which culminates in a dissertation of 13,000–15,000 words.
Teaching and learning
The programme is delivered through a structured lecture and seminar series, laboratory skills simulation courses, diagnostic clinics, supervised treatment of patients, and a research project.
For a comprehensive list of the funding opportunities available at UCL, including funding relevant to your nationality, please visit the Scholarships and Funding website.
The programme prepares students for future professional evaluation of clinical/academic competence as a specialist. It is also a suitable spring-board for pursuing academic, clinical or research careers in endodontics.
The graduates from this programme are well prepared for the Royal Colleges’ professional examinations including the MRD (Endodontics) or MEndo which is one of the requirements of some overseas funding bodies and promotion boards.
Why study this degree at UCL?
The programme’s students benefit from a comprehensive curriculum, opportunities for self-directed learning, a clinically relevant laboratory techniques course, emphasis on integration of theoretical and clinical aspects, and prioritised reading recommendations allowing an individual approach to learning. The broad self-learning approach enables the pursuit of individual academic interests.
Find out more about the programme on the institute's Endodontology (Advanced Training) MClinDent page.
Department: Eastman Dental Institute
Student / staff numbers › 68 staff including 5 postdocs › 396 taught students › 98 research students
Research Excellence Framework (REF)
The Research Excellence Framework, or REF, is the system for assessing the quality of research in UK higher education institutions. The 2014 REF was carried out by the UK's higher education funding bodies, and the results used to allocate research funding from 2015/16.
The following REF score was awarded to the department: Eastman Dental Institute
75% rated 4* (world-leading) or 3* (internationally excellent)
Learn more about the scope of UCL's research, and browse case studies, on our Research Impact website.
Application and next steps
Students are advised to apply as early as possible due to competition for places. Those applying for scholarship funding (particularly overseas applicants) should take note of application deadlines.
Who can apply?
The programme is designed for applicants from outside the European Union needing to meet clinical/academic training requirements in their country of origin.
- All applicants
- 8 January 2017
For more information see our Applications page.Apply now
What are we looking for?
- When we assess your application we would like to learn:
- how your academic, professional and personal backgrounds meet the demands of this programme
- why you want to study endodontics at graduate level
- what particularly attracts you to this programme
- where you would like to go professionally with your degree and how this programme might meet your goals.
- Together with essential academic requirements, the personal statement is your opportunity to illustrate whether your reasons for applying to this programme match what the programme will deliver.
Successful applicants to this programme will be required to pay a tuition fee deposit dependent on their mode of study and fee status as given below:
- UK/EU full-time: £2,500
- UK/EU part-time: £2,500
- Overseas full-time: £5,000
- Overseas part-time: £5,000
Further details can be found on the Fees and funding page.