Modes and duration
- Part-time: 1 year (24+ non-consecutive days)
Tuition Fees (2015/16)
- £15,910 (PT)
- £22,760 (PT)
- All applicants:
- 26 June 2015
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from a UK university in a relevant subject or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. All applicants must normally hold an approved dental qualification and have a minimum of two years' clinical experience post-qualification.
English language requirement: Good
If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
International applicants can find out the equivalent qualification for their country by selecting from the list below.
Select your country:
Equivalent qualifications for Algeria
The programme is designed for dental practitioners who wish to remain at the cutting edge of contemporary dentistry and to be able to meet and deliver with confidence the restorative needs of patients with high aesthetic expectations.
Students undertake modules to the value of 60 credits.
The programme consists of two core modules worth 30 credits each.
- Interdisciplinary Clinical Dental Aesthetics
- Science and Properties of Dental Composites and Ceramics
- There are no optional modules for this programme.
Teaching and Learning
The programme is delivered through a combination of 50% lectures, interactive seminars and treatment planning, and 50% skills laboratory and clinic hands-on training.
More scholarships are listed on the scholarships website
Successful graduates gain the clinical and theoretical skills and techniques necessary to incorporate aspects of aesthetic dentistry into their daily practice and meet realistic expectations of patients with high aesthetic demands.
Top career destinations for this degree
- NYU College of Dentistry, Implant Fellow, 2011,
- Private dental practice (Ireland), Dentist (Owner), 2012,
- Mozambique Military Hospital, Military Dentist, 2011,
- University of Thessaloniki, Greece, Further study (Orthodontics), 2012,
The degree can improve graduates’ prospects of moving to better dental practices, setting up their own dental practices, progressing to full-time Master’s and specialty training programmes, or developing a career in teaching.
Why study this degree at UCL?
The programme places emphasis on acquiring knowledge, understanding and skills in the areas of aesthetic restorations, contemporary biomaterials, and evidence based clinical procedures and techniques.
Find out more about the programme on the institute's Advanced Aesthetic Dentistry PG Cert page.
Student / staff ratios › 80 staff › 420 taught students › 62 research students
Department: Eastman Dental Institute
Application and next steps
Students are advised to apply as early as possible due to competition for places. Those applying for scholarship funding (particularly overseas applicants) should take note of application deadlines.
Who can apply?
The programme is directed towards dentists who wish to extend their knowledge and skills in aesthetic dentistry to become a competent practitioner in the field, within and outside the United Kingdom.
- All applicants
For more information see our Applications page.Apply now
What are we looking for?
- When we assess your application we would like to learn:
- about your academic background in basic restorative procedures and occlusionwhy you want to study this programme at graduate level
- what particularly attracts you to this programme
- what important elements are you looking for in the programme
- where you would like to go professionally with your degree.
- Together with essential academic requirements, the personal statement is your opportunity to illustrate whether your reasons for applying to this programme match what the programme will deliver.