Modes and duration
- Full-time: 3 years
- Part-time: 5 years
Tuition Fees (2015/16)
- £4,635 (FT) £2,315 (PT)
- £16,690 (FT) £8,500 (PT)
A minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. A Master’s degree or equivalent is desirable.
English Language Requirements
If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
The English language level for this programme is: Standard
Further information can be found on our English language requirements page.
Country-specific information, including details of when UCL representatives are visiting your part of the world, can be obtained from the International Students website.
International applicants can find out the equivalent qualification for their country by selecting from the list below.
Select your country:
- The management of projects: the 'front-end' of projects across various project sectors
- Economics and finance of the built environment: the future of public finance initatives/public private partnerships and the microeconomics of construction
- Management of project enterprises: marketing and business development practice in project enterprises and interface management between the project business and the project
- Project-based networks: relationship management across organisational boundaries; risk management and the role of social networks in complex supply chains.
All Built Environment funding opportunities are advertised on our website: www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk
Scholarships relevant to this department are displayed below. For a comprehensive list of the funding opportunities available at UCL, including funding relevant to your nationality, please visit the Scholarships and Funding website.
Graduated PhD students from the school have secured jobs in both major and specialist consultancies as well as academic positions in leading universities both in the UK and overseas.
Top career destinations for this degree
- Lecturer, Beijing University of Technology (2009)
- Director, ICT Partnership (2010)
- Lighting Designer, GIT Equation (2011)
- Research Associate, UCL Energy Institute (2011)
- Evaluation Officer, UCL (2011)
Each programme has its own individual focus of study whilst retaining themes common to the school, such as management, economics, strategy and marketing. Recent students have gone on to establish successful careers in roles such as project management, marketing associates, real estate developers and project engineers. Some students have used the MSc as a foundation for MPhil/PhD research.
Over the course of the academic year students are invited to take part in a programme of careers events organised specifically for the school. These include presentations from industry professionals and other external organisations as well as an Annual Alumni Networking Event which offers students the opportunity to network with past students as well as current industry professionals. A programme of seminar presentations from invited academics and professionals takes place during the year to which all students are invited.
Why study this degree at UCL?
The Bartlett School of Construction & Project Management (C&PM) is a world leader in the field of research. In the last (2008) UK Research Assessment Exercise (RAE), C&PM achieved the highest rating (4*) in terms of numbers of staff with top output ratings.
Postgraduate research is an important part of the school’s activity. Staff and students interact to stimulate ideas, and develop and hone conceptual understanding and analysis, in order to generate original contributions to knowledge and practice. Much of our PhD research is at the leading-edge, making new advances in the field.
Student / staff ratios › 31 staff › 250 taught students › 20 research students
Application and next steps
Students are advised to apply as early as possible due to competition for places. Those applying for scholarship funding (particularly overseas applicants) should take note of application deadlines.
Who can apply?
For more information see our Applications page.Apply now
- Bartlett Graduate Faculty Clerk
- +44 (0)20 3108 9018/9004/9002
- Bartlett School of Construction & Project Management
- UCL UK Campus