Modes and duration
- Part-time: 2 years
Tuition Fees (2015/16)
- £2,315 (PT)
- £10,765 (PT)
A minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
English Language Requirements
If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
The English language level for this programme is: Standard
Further information can be found on our English language requirements page.
Country-specific information, including details of when UCL representatives are visiting your part of the world, can be obtained from the International Students website.
International applicants can find out the equivalent qualification for their country by selecting from the list below.
Select your country:
- Cancer Biology
- Clinical Trials Centre
- Antibody-based therapeutics for imaging and treatment of cancer
- Brain cancer and stem cells
- Cellular and gene therapy for cancer and other blood-related disorders
- Chromosomal DNA replication and cancer, drug-DNA interactions
- Effects of tumour biology on therapeutic response, tumour immunology
- Genetics of Sarcoma, Acute Leukaemia, Chronic
- Leukaemia and Myoproliferative Diseases
- Medical genomics, cancer systems science and biomedical informatics
- Epigenetics and signalling networks
- Radiation biology and therapy
- Stratified/personalised cancer medicine
- Therapeutic drug-DNA interactions
- Translational projects, clinical trials and epidemiology
- Viral oncology.
CR-UK funded clinical fellowships and non-clinical PhD studentships available yearly, please check the institute’s website (www.ucl.ac.uk/cancer/education) for further details.
Scholarships relevant to this department are displayed below. For a comprehensive list of the funding opportunities available at UCL, including funding relevant to your nationality, please visit the Scholarships and Funding website.
- UK, EU, Overseas students
More scholarships are listed on the Scholarships and Funding website
Graduates go on to further medical training or clinical posts, take up PhD studies or academic posts at institutions including universities around the world. They have also found employment in laboratory management, research, industry, clinical trials co-ordination, scientific writing and editing, sales and consulting.
Top career destinations for this degree
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard Medical School (2012)
- Research Data Manager in Cancer Clinical Trials, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (2013)
- Inside Sales, Life Technologies, France (2012)
- Medical Student, Imperial College London (2011)
- Core Medical Trainee in Nephrology, Renal Transplant Ward, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust (2013)
Skills include critical evaluation of scientific literature, experimental planning and design, interpretation of data results, presentation/public speaking skills, time management, working within a team, working independently and writing for various audiences.
Site visits to clinical trials facilities (Sarah Cannon Research Institute UK), Advances in Oncology Seminars (Pfizer Oncology & Roche Products Limited), Cancer Research UK-sponsored events and student activities, institute alumni networks (LinkedIn) and annual reception.
Why study this degree at UCL?
The UCL Cancer Istitute offers a unique opportunity to work in a collaborative research environment that spans basic research, translational medicine and clinical applications. The Cancer Institute works closely with its associated clinical trials facilities, experimental medicine centre, biobanking facilities and associated partner hospitals in London.
Student / staff ratios › 350 staff › 38 taught students › 76 research students
Department: Cancer Institute
Application and next steps
Students are advised to apply as early as possible due to competition for places. Those applying for scholarship funding (particularly overseas applicants) should take note of application deadlines.
For more information see our Applications page.Apply now