If you wish to apply for student accommodation provided by UCL, you must apply by the deadline of 30 June 2014.
The information on this page provides a brief overview of UCL's student accommodation provision. Our dedicated Student Accommodation website provides more comprehensive information about individual residences, their facilities and fees. University of London Housing Services (ULHS) are also available to provide advice about finding private accommodation in London: www.housing.lon.ac.uk.
We have Halls of Residence, in which meals – usually breakfast and an evening dinner – are included.
We also have Student Houses, where you will share kitchen facilities (cooker, refrigerator, freezer and microwave) to prepare your own meals.
All our residences offer you:
- a study-bedroom equipped with a bed, desk/table, desk chair and wardrobe;
- access to a launderette;
- the option to purchase, prior to arrival, a ‘Linen Pack’ containing a duvet, duvet cover, pillow, pillowcase, sheet, hand towel and bath towel.
In addition, most of our residences provide access to the
internet from study-bedrooms and have on-site or shared facilities such
as a TV lounge, computer room and bicycle racks.
Some of our self-catered residences provide shared study-bedrooms (for two students). Sharing a room is very cost-effective, with shared room rates lower than single room rates, and it’s a good way to make new friends on arrival.
Our accommodation fees include:
- room rental and use of communal areas;
- gas and electricity charges;
- block insurance policy;
- social events (in residences with a social committee).
The fees you pay for your accommodation will vary depending on its location and facilities.
New Hall (Caledonian Road)
A selection of images from one of UCL's new residences that opened in 2013.
- Visit the Virtual tours section of the Accommodation website to discover more about accommodation available at UCL.