- Find a degree
- Applying and entry
- Fees and funding
- Careers and employability
- Life at UCL
Professional doctorates provide an education at an intellectual level equivalent to that required for the PhD.
In addition to the substantial research component, examined by a thesis of 20,000 to 40,000 words depending on the qualification, the programmes also include elements of a practical, work-related and professional nature and taught components assessed by coursework.
Professional doctorates at UCL include:
- Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic
- Psychotherapy (DPsychotherapy)
- Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)
- Clinical Communication Science (Doctorate)
- Dentistry (DDent)
- Educational and Child Psychology (DEdPsy)
- Educational Psychology (DEdPsy)
- Paediatric Dentistry (DDent)
- Trauma and Orthopaedics (Doc Orth).