Doctoral Training Centres
UCL has the largest allocation of prestigious doctoral training centres of any UK university. These mult-disciplinary centres bring together various areas of expertise and offer unique opportunities and a dynamic environment for PhD student training.
Programmes are funded for four years. The first year includes taught elements for developing research and transferable skills as well as a research element to explore potential PhD-level topics.
UCL has doctoral training centres funded by the EPSRC in:
- Bioprocessing Engineering Leadership
- Drug Discovery
- Energy Demand Reduction and the Built Environment
- Financial Computing
- Mathematics and Physics in the Life Sciences and Experimental Biology
- Molecular Modelling and Materials Science
- Photonic Systems Development
- Security Science
- Urban Sustainability and Resilience
- Virtual Environments, Imaging and Visualisation
one centre funded by the ESRC in:
one centre funded by NERC:
- The London Natural and Environmental Centre (with Imperial College London and King's College London)
one centre funded by AHRC:
- London Arts and Humanities Doctoral Training Partnership (with King's College London and the School of Advanced Study, University of London)
and one centre funded by BBSRC:
- The Biological Sciences Doctoral Training Partnership (with King's College London, Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the Royal Veterinary College).
Page last modified on 20 nov 13 14:23
Page maintained by Publications and Marketing Services