UCL Advances is UCL’s centre for entrepreneurship and business interaction among researchers, businesses, investors and students.
We do more to help students learn about, start or grow businesses than any other UK university, by providing funding, business mentoring and consultancy, free office space, networking opportunities and internships, a programme of events and prizes for innovation.
- UCL Advances is unique in the UK Higher Education sector
- Our business advisors provide impartial, confidential advice and business support to UCL students and recent alumni looking to start or develop their business
- The UCL Bright Ideas Awards – established in 2008 to help new companies take their first steps into the market – offer a total of £50,000 in business loans to UCL student entrepreneurs
- UCL Advances Enterprise Scholarships provide funding for PhD students seeking to commercialise their research
- Our students have the chance to enter various competitions, including the London Entrepreneurs’ Challenge
- Get involved with local businesses and gain hands-on experience by becoming a student consultant.
- To find out more about UCL Advances please see www.ucl.ac.uk/advances
Thomas Piketty's popular theory that capitalism's current incarnation is leading to more inequality dsoesn't stack up, argues Professor Paul Ormerod (UCL Centre for Decision Making Uncertainty). Read: City AM
Published: Jul 9, 2014 9:49:49 AM
Dr Dimitrios Tsivrikos (UCL Psychology) comments on the psychological impact of favourable exchange rates on holiday spending, saying that "because we are convinced that everything is good value, without any real appreciation of what that means, we spend more than we would have before." Read: The Sunday Times (£) More...
Published: Jul 6, 2014 9:23:00 AM