UCL Advances is UCL’s centre for entrepreneurship and business interaction among researchers, businesses, investors and students.
We do more to help students learn about, start or grow businesses than any other UK university, by providing funding, business mentoring and consultancy, free office space, networking opportunities and internships, a programme of events and prizes for innovation.
- UCL Advances is unique in the UK Higher Education sector
- Our business advisors provide impartial, confidential advice and business support to UCL students and recent alumni looking to start or develop their business
- The UCL Bright Ideas Awards – established in 2008 to help new companies take their first steps into the market – offer a total of £50,000 in business loans to UCL student entrepreneurs
- UCL Advances Enterprise Scholarships provide funding for PhD students seeking to commercialise their research
- Our students have the chance to enter various competitions, including the London Entrepreneurs’ Challenge
- Get involved with local businesses and gain hands-on experience by becoming a student consultant.
- To find out more about UCL Advances please see www.ucl.ac.uk/advances
Boris Johnson has launched MedCity, a partnership between UCLPartners, King’s Health Partners, Imperial College AHSC, Oxford, Cambridge and the Greater London Authority, to establish London and the Greater South East as a world-leading cluster for life sciences. Read: Financial Times (£), More: Evening Standard, THE, The Conversation, New Scientist, The Engineer, UCL News More...
Published: Apr 9, 2014 10:15:51 AM
Published: Jan 24, 2014 9:09:00 AM