There is a section in the application form for you to enter a personal statement (3,000 word character limit) or attach a statement as a separate document. The personal statement allows you to express your motivations and suitability for the programme you are applying to.
You should consider the following questions when writing your personal statement:
- why do you want to undertake the programme or research?
- what are your academic interests?
- why do you wish to study at UCL?
- what educational experience do you have?
- do you have any relevant work experience?
- have you completed any extracurricular and voluntary activities relevant to the programme?
- what are your career aspirations?
Some programmes request that you supply programme-specific information in your personal statement. To check if this is relevant to your programme please consult the relevant programme in the Graduate Prospectus.
Your personal statement should be no longer than two sides of A4 paper.