UCL is one of the world's very best universities, and is consistently placed in the global top 20 in a wide range of world rankings.
UCL in pictures
Why UCL is best for graduate study
- UCL is ranked 4th in the world's top universities by the QS World University Rankings 2012-13.
- Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic World Rankings places UCL 3rd best university in Europe.
- UCL's academic excellence and innovative approach have brought international recognition in the academic and business worlds, facilitating high-level joint ventures and networks including the Yale-UCL collaborative.
- UCL attracts students from 150 different countries.
Outstanding location and world class resources
- Our modern estate combines beautiful historic buildings with state-of-the-art facilities including the UCL Ear Institute's anaechoic chamber. UCL holds specialised and unusual resources and equipment, including Europe’s only virtual financial trading floor in Computer Science.
- UCL continues its remarkable success in attracting funding. In 2011 UCL received the third highest allocation of Research Council UK funding and the third highest allocation of European Research Council starting grants.
- The UCL campus in Bloomsbury, central London, is surrounded by the greatest concentration of libraries, museums, and archives in Europe. You will be within walking distance from internationally renowned resources, such as the British Library. UCL's strong links with industrial and professional bodies based in the capital provide our students with great opportunities for career development.
- UCL is at the forefront of pioneering, cross-disciplinary research. With nine prestigious EPSRC centres of doctoral training and one ESRC centre, UCL has the highest allocation of any UK university.
- The Thomson Scientific Citation Index shows that UCL is the second most highly cited European university and 14th in the world. It is also the UK university most cited by health researchers.
Supportive learning environment
- UCL has the best academic to student ratio in the UK (1:10), compared with the UK average of 17.8 (Times 2013). This enables us to provide outstanding individual support to our students.
- UCL has more professors than any other UK university, meaning our students get taught by the most highly qualified experts in their field (Higher Education Statistics Agency 2011).
Foundation for your future
- UCL graduates are sought after by top employers in the world. UCL was ranked 4th in the UK in The Guardian University Guide (2013) for employment prospects.
- The UCL Careers Office has a dedicated team to help students prepare for and secure work. As well as having expertise in the UK job market the Careers Office has specialists to help students find appropriate employment internationally.
- In 2011 more UCL students set up their own businesses on graduation than those from any other top 10 university in the UK.
- Graduates from London universities earn up to 25% more than their counterparts from other UK universities.
Page last modified on 28 feb 13 12:12