Information for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- Graduate Prospectus
- International Students
- UCL Outreach
- Meet UCL
- Scholarships & Funding
The Application Process
Only full-time students registered for a programme of study at UCL are eligible to apply for UCL accommodation. If you are holding an offer of a place to study at UCL and need to make an application for accommodation, please visit our Accommodation Applications site.
There are a number of stages involved in applying for UCL student accommodation as follows:
- You will be sent details of how to access the Accommodation Applications website with your offer of a place to study at UCL.
- Read the information on the Accommodation Applications website about UCL policies for student accommodation. This explains who is eligible to apply, when you should apply and about terms and conditions of accommodation offers.
- Read the information about the different accommodation types offered by UCL. Consider what is most important to you about where you will live: proximity to UCL, cost, catering etc. You will be asked to identify the factor which is most important to you.
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Once you have submitted your online application, you will receive acknowledgement of the receipt of your application by email.
Please complete the online application as soon as you have accepted an offer of a place on a programme at UCL. Do not wait until May (or June for graduate students) if you can complete it before then.
What happens next?
After you have received acknowledgement of receipt of your application, you will not hear from UCL Student Accommodation again until offers of accommodation are made. Offers will be made by email as soon as is practicable (after the announcement of A level results) in mid-August, though some applicants may hear before this. In late August or early September you will either receive an offer by email or an email indicating that we have been unable to make an offer. In the absence of an offer, we will explain what you should do to secure some accommodation.
If you receive an offer of accommodation, you will be asked to accept the conditions of the offer online and to pay a deposit. It is imperative that you read the conditions of the offer and respond immediately to the offer. Should you not accept the offer online and pay a deposit within three days of the date of the offer email, the offer will be withdrawn. All accommodation offers will be notified by email.