UCL Procurement Services
To provide best in class sustainable procurement, to ensure that UCL faculties, departments and institutions remain world leaders in teaching and research activity.
Procurement Services is part of the Finance and Business Affairs of UCL, dealing with the procurement of goods and services.
Its function is:
- to reduce the UCL administrative costs through continuous streamlining of the Procurement processes;
- to provide professional support to departments in all purchasing and related matters;
- to give specific guidance in certain product and service areas;
- to use the College's significant purchasing power to obtain best value for money;
- to take a lead role on all College-wide procurement initiatives;
- to promote and foster collaborative sustainable procurement across the HE sector to deliver better value for money and better services; and provide innovative ways to develop UCL's commercial and procurement capability;
- to follow all College procedures and compliance with other procedures and legal requirements, appertaining to sustainable procurement and to advise departments accordingly.
The Director of Procurement co-ordinates the formulation and dissemination of effective procurement strategy (pdf file) for UCL over the whole range of non-pay expenditure.