UCL Personal and Professional Development
Palgrave's Skills4Study Campus offers a number of modules to help you with your development at university. It's free for all UCL students with their UCL logins.
MyPortfolio is an online portfolio system which is entirely student-controlled - you decide what goes into it, how it's presented, and who gets to see what.
It may prove useful in supporting your key skills development work as a place to:
- collect evidence of skills development (perhaps a well crafted report; a video of a presentation; some of your creative output - photos, links to websites etc.)
- present this evidence in a web-page together, perhaps with some explanatory text
- keep a private reflective journal charting your skills development using the blog
- write a blog intended for a wider audience about any aspect of your work or interests
- collect CV information and organise it for presentation to different audiences (e.g. your tutor, potential employers for casual work, potential employers after graduation)
- build links with your peers using the group tool - perhaps to share resources and discuss ideas
- prepare materials for sharing with your tutor(s) and invite their comments
With all of this, you can choose who to show your portfolio - you can keep things completely private, share them with selected individuals, or show them to the world - it's entirely up to you!
For further information on how to use MyPortfolio see the MyPortfolio user guide.
Page last modified on 22 sep 10 12:24