MyPortfolio is an online portfolio system which is entirely student-controlled - you decide what goes into it, how it's presented, and who gets to see what.
It may prove useful in supporting your key skills development work as a place to:
- collect evidence of skills development (perhaps a well crafted report; a video of a presentation; some of your creative output - photos, links to websites etc.)
- present this evidence in a web-page together, perhaps with some explanatory text
- keep a private reflective journal charting your skills development using the blog
- write a blog intended for a wider audience about any aspect of your work or interests
- collect CV information and organise it for presentation to different audiences (e.g. your tutor, potential employers for casual work, potential employers after graduation)
- build links with your peers using the group tool - perhaps to share resources and discuss ideas
- prepare materials for sharing with your tutor(s) and invite their comments
With all of this, you can choose who to show your portfolio - you can keep things completely private, share them with selected individuals, or show them to the world - it's entirely up to you!
For further information on how to use MyPortfolio see the MyPortfolio user guide.
Page last modified on 22 sep 10 12:24