UCL Personal and Professional Development
Palgrave's Skills4Study Campus offers a number of modules to help you with your development at university. It's free for all UCL students with their UCL logins.
UCL ChangeMakers is a great way to kick off your research-based education at UCL.
We will support you in running or getting involved with a research project to innovate, enhance or improve your learning experience at UCL.
Get involved: www.ucl.ac.uk/changemakers
Image © C Andrea Joseph
How can I best use my personal and professional development record?
Recording your personal and professional development is a useful part of the development process, as it enables you to reflect upon your experiences and think about your strengths and areas that could benefit from further development.
The record of your personal and professional development will also be vital when applying for jobs.
- To discuss how to match your knowledge, skills and attributes to suitable career options, talk to a careers adviser
- To discuss how to promote your knowledge, skills and attributes on a CV, cover letter or application form, talk to a careers adviser
- To meet with employers to discuss their knowledge, skills and attributes requirements, attend one of the many careers events listed here
- To discuss how to highlight your knowledge, skills and attributes in an interview, attend a practice interview session*
* please note these sessions are only available if you have a real interview pending as the practice interview is tailored to the role / company to which you have applied
Page last modified on 16 jul 12 12:54