- Live Stream
- Archived Videos
- Welcome Address - Prof. Malcolm Grant
- Keynote - HE Ernest Rwamucyo
- Keynote - Ms Sara Parkin OBE
- Keynote - Prof. Maria Lee
- Questions & Discussion: Prof. Anthony Costello
- Session 1 - Footprints: Environment, Population and Consumption
- Session 2 - Population Impact: Regional Perspectives
- Session 3 - Population Growth – Problem or Hype?
- Recap - Day 1
- Session 4 - Moving Further, Living Longer
- Session 5 - Public Health Impacts and Interventions
- Session 6 - Economic Planning Challenges: Beyond 2015
- Keynote - Dr Babatunde Osotimehin
- Session 7 - Policy and Research Directions
- Poster Presentions
- Population Footprints
Session 2 - Population Impact: Regional Perspectives
Speakers will bring their own regional view of key population dynamics and challenges – in particular for the 2 largest population countries, India and China – setting them in a global context.
Dr Shireen Jejeebhoy
Senior associate at Population Council, India. Previously a scientist at the WHO in Geneva on the Social Science Research on Reproductive Health.
Dr Vik Mohan
Practicing GP and project director for Blue Ventures’ integrated Population, Health and Environment (PHE) project in Madagascar.
Prof Li Shuzhuo
Professor of Population Studies, director of the Institute for Population and Development Studies, School of Public Policy and Administration, Xi’an Jiaotong University China.
Chair: Dr Karen Hardee
Visiting Senior Fellow at the Population Reference Bureau where she is working on global demographic and health issues and on the links between population, reproductive health and climate change.
Page last modified on 27 may 11 15:07
Population footprints is supported by: