- Live Stream
- Archived Videos
- Welcome Address - Prof. Malcolm Grant
- Keynote - HE Ernest Rwamucyo
- Keynote - Ms Sara Parkin OBE
- Keynote - Prof. Maria Lee
- Questions & Discussion: Prof. Anthony Costello
- Session 1 - Footprints: Environment, Population and Consumption
- Session 2 - Population Impact: Regional Perspectives
- Session 3 - Population Growth – Problem or Hype?
- Recap - Day 1
- Session 4 - Moving Further, Living Longer
- Session 5 - Public Health Impacts and Interventions
- Session 6 - Economic Planning Challenges: Beyond 2015
- Keynote - Dr Babatunde Osotimehin
- Session 7 - Policy and Research Directions
- Poster Presentions
- Population Footprints
Session 6 - Economic Planning Challenges: Beyond 2015
Bringing an economic perspective to the challenges raised so far, highlighting potential solutions, regional perspectives and the planning issues that will face global leaders.
Prof Ephraim Kamuntu
Minister of State for Finance/ Planning, Uganda. He has extensive experience working with the private sector and is a Professor of Economics.
Dr Mairo Mandara
Advisor to Senior Special Assistant to President of Nigeria on MDGs. Dr
Mandara is an obstetrician/gynaecologist with extensive experience in
managing maternal and child health programs at national, state and
health facility level.
Dr Monica Das Gupta
Senior Demographer in the Development Research Group at The World Bank,
formerly of the National Council of Applied Economic Research, New
Delhi, and Harvard University Center for Population & Development
Chair: Prof. Costas Meghir
Costas Meghir is Professor of Economics at UCL and Yale, an elected Fellow of the British Academy, and a Fellow of the Econometric Society. He has been co-editor of Econometrica and joint managing editor of the Economic Journal.
Page last modified on 27 may 11 15:12
Population footprints is supported by: