Philosophy News & Events Publication
- The Philosophers' Magazine best books list revealed
- 11th British Postgraduate Philosophy Association(BPPA) Masterclass
- Joint Faculty Graduate Open Day
- Professor Jonathan Wolff appears on BBC Radio 4
- Why Isn't My Professor Black?
- Philosophy and Theatre
- Lunch Hour Lecture: Truth and illusion in philosophy and theatre
- Eugenics: The Academy's complicity
- If you want a fair inheritance tax, make it a tax on income
- Keeling Lecture 2015
Why Isn't My Professor Black?
25 March 2014
UCL’s Dr Nathaniel Adam Tobias Coleman organised the event, which saw 350 people descend on a Cruciform Building lecture theatre to observe a panel discussion on this "interesting but depressing" question.
There are just 85 black professors out of 18,510 in the UK and the number has barely changed in eight years. The percent of black professors (0.4%) shows a striking disparity with the proportion of black students, which has increased steadily each year and now stands at 6%.
Watch the discussion
Page last modified on 25 mar 14 14:53