S.V. Keeling Memorial Lecture (2015)
Together with the UCL Greek and Latin, and through the generosity of a private donor, the UCL Philosophy department organises an annual S.V. Keeling Memorial Lecture in Ancient Philosophy. The next lecture will be given by Professor David Sedley on 13 May 2015.
Next Lecture: 13 May 2015
Reception from 4pm in:
No registration required
Professor David Sedley
Prof. Sedley is Laurence Professor of Ancient Philosophy Fellow of Christ's College, Cambridge.
His books include:
- The Hellenistic Philosophers (with A. A. Long), Cambridge 1987
- Lucretius and the Transformation of Greek Wisdom, Cambridge 1998
- The Cambridge Companion to Greek and Roman Philosophy, Cambridge 2003
- Plato's Cratylus, Cambridge 2003
- The Midwife of Platonism. Text and Subtext in Plato's Theaetetus, Oxford 2004
- Creationism and its Critics in Antiquity, Berkeley and Los Angeles 2007
- Pyrrhonists, Patricians, Platonizers. Hellenistic Philosophy in the Period 155-86 BC (edited with A. M. Ioppolo), Naples, 2007
S.V.Keeling Masterclass: 12 May 2015
Associated with the lecture will be a Masterclass for Graduate students led by Prof. Sedley on 12 May 2015. Those interested in registering to attend should email Dr. Fiona Leigh.
Page last modified on 15 apr 15 01:08