UCL Philosophy
YouTube IconLinked In IconSoundcloud IconTwitter IconFacebook Icon

BA Programmes

  • BA Handbook: This guide in Moodle contains all the essential information for students on Philosophy undergraduate degrees including combined honours.
  • BA Modules 2015/16: Instructions for UCL students from other departments can be found at the end of the document.
  • Sample Syllabi: More information about some of the modules on offer for 2015/16.
  • The UCL Philosophy Society belongs within UCL’s Philosophy Department and is run and organised by students, allowing for an independent yet synergetic effort towards towards enriching the academic experience of both philosophy students and students interested in philosophy. Through the organisation of talks and panels by philosophers of diverse backgrounds and interests, we aim to introduce discourses absent from the curriculum, and to also expand on existing knowledge. Socials and discussion groups are organised in order to foster collaboration between students, and our participation in the MAP (Minorities and Representations) and Widening Participation fora helps foster collaboration between students and the Department, and on a broader level create a meta-philosophical conversation about the state of academic philosophy today.
  • Undergraduate Prizes: The department awards the following prizes to undergraduate students:

    • Richard Murphy Memorial Prize (£150) for the best performance in the final year
    • AJ Ayer Scholarship Fund (£100) for the best performance in the second year
    • Seasonal Prize, Dawes Hicks Prize (two prizes) and AJ Ayer Prize (£30 each), for excellent performance in the first and second years.
    • In addition, we recommend outstanding students for the faculty medal (Rosa Morrison prize) and for inclusion in the Dean's List.

Page last modified on 29 oct 15 18:14