Pharmacy Events Publication
- Register for the Biodiversity and Medicines Symposium
- ‘Let’s Talk – Making conversations about Health More Effective’
- Third Frank Fish Memorial Lecture
- Third Biennial Symposium of Neuroscience Researchers at the UCL School of Pharmacy
- 74th FIP World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2014
- Pharmacy and pharmaceutical science students as good global citizens
- What are the important questions for research into ageing?
- Symposium on Drugs from Natural Sources at PharmaSci 2014
- 14th International Congress of the Society for Ethnopharmacology
- Professor Keith Petrie Seminar
‘Let’s Talk – Making conversations about Health More Effective’
Publication date: Apr 24, 2014 3:17:34 PM
Mar 23, 2014 12:00:00 AM
End: Dec 31, 2014 12:00:00 AM
Location: UCL School of Pharmacy
This training will introduce you to the skills important to developing a client-centred consultation, and show you how you can motivate the most resistant of clients.
Dates: Wednesday 23 March 09.30-17.00 at Green Light Pharmacy 62-64, Hampstead Road, NW1 2NU and Friday 25 April 09.30-17.00, Maplethorpe Lecture Theatre, UCL School of Pharmacy, 29-39 Brunswick Square, WC1N 1AX.
This is a FREE event!
09.30 - Registration, refreshments and introduction
10.00 - Session One: Let’s Talk – Making conversations about health more effective – An overview and introduction to Very brief Advice and Identification and Brief Advice
10.30 - Session Two: Workshop on Brief Interventions
11.30 - “Talk Health Talk” presentation
12.00 - Session Three: Understanding Health Behaviour – An introduction
13.00 - LUNCH
14.00 - Session Four: Promoting health through motivational interviewing – understanding readiness to change
16.30 - Feedback forms and evaluation
Contact: Jiba Begum