Pharmacy Events Publication
- Register for the Biodiversity and Medicines Symposium
- ‘Let’s Talk – Making conversations about Health More Effective’
- Third Frank Fish Memorial Lecture
- Third Biennial Symposium of Neuroscience Researchers at the UCL School of Pharmacy
- 74th FIP World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2014
- Pharmacy and pharmaceutical science students as good global citizens
- What are the important questions for research into ageing?
- Symposium on Drugs from Natural Sources at PharmaSci 2014
- 14th International Congress of the Society for Ethnopharmacology
14th International Congress of the Society for Ethnopharmacology
Publication date: Apr 25, 2014 2:21:40 PM
Apr 25, 2014 12:00:00 AM
End: Dec 31, 2014 12:00:00 AM
In the last years metabolomic research of herbal
medical products has been at the centre of Prof Michael Heinrich’s research.
This has resulted in a better understanding of how value chains impact on the
quality of herbal medicines and this research will be highlighted in his
The 14th International Congress of the Society for Ethnopharmacology will be organized in collaboration with the Sociedad Latinoamericana de Fitoquímica, and will be hosted in Puerto Varas, Chile, from September 23 - 26th, 2014. Prof. Michael Heinrich from the School has been invited to give a plenary lecture on ‘Metabolomics in medicinal and food plant research along the value chain from producer to consumer.’
The International Society for Ethnopharmacology is a collaborative, interdisciplinary group of scientists - anthropologists, pharmacists, pharmacologists, ethnobotanists, phytochemists, and others - all fascinated by the study of the local and global use of traditional medicines: the medicinal use of plants, the cultural and pharmacological dimensions of human medicinal plant use.
Further details: See the ISE 2014 website